Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 favorites: skincare

It's 2014 favorites time! I'm splitting up my favorites into two installments, one skincare and one makeup. It won't be terribly exciting makeup wise because as I explained in my last post, I pretty much used the same makeup for most of the year in order to use things up. Still, I will do a post on it to explain what items made it and why I liked them.

Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Porefinist
I have tried a few different oil cleansers and so far this shu version has been my favorite by far. It has a very watery consistency which makes it very easy to rinse off and it also is very effective at removing all my makeup. Two thumbs up. I'd repurchase for sure. I think once I finish this I will try out a balm cleanser to see if I like balms or oils more.

La Roche Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream
I bought this months ago and I still have more than half of the cleanser left. It is the gift that keeps on giving. I really enjoyed this cleanser this year for a few reasons: you don't need much product to get a nice lather, it cleans thoroughly, and it doesn't leave my skin overly dry after rinsing off. It also doesn't burn my eyes if I open them which is somewhat of an important aspect of a cleanser to me. This is probably my second favorite foaming cleanser I have tried so far with the Clarins Cottonseed beating it just a bit more due to the better scent and richer lather.

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads
These really caught me by surprise. I didn't think these would cause such an impression on me but they have. When I run out of these I plan to repurchase and not even bother trying to find a replacement as these work very well. I notice a difference when I stop using them when I am away for a weekend and don't bring them with me. My only wish for these is that they were more saturated in the formula, but it is a small complaint.

Puritan's Pride Retinol Cream
Another item I was completely surprised by. My mother gave this to me to try and I took it graciously but promptly ignored it once I got home since I was being a brand snob. My skin was parched one day during the beginnings of winter so I remembered this tub and used it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this absorbed quickly and didn't leave my face greasy. I woke up with nice, supple skin. I think my skin reacts very positively to retinol as I have noticed blemishes on my face heal quicker when I use this cream.

Clarins Lotus Oil
Another bandwagon I tried this year and happily hopped on. With use of this I noticed severe reduction of oil production during the day. I am almost out of this and have a Dr. Hauschka oil to try after so we will see if all oils are created equal or not.

2014 was a good year of skincare trials. I liked almost everything I painstakingly researched and picked out for myself. I actually made a little video of myself getting ready for bed, or my nighttime routine, using all of these products which I will put in another post probably after the new year. Until next time, where I will talk about my makeup favorites...

No comments:

Post a Comment