Tuesday, September 30, 2014

013 items used up

This round of items used up features a couple impressive shiny pans and key staples that you can obviously tell I rely on due to the multiples. Documenting empties is always an interesting thing to me; I notice which products have firm places in my routine.

Regis Moisture Shampoo: Hair, always my least favorite topic. I rarely buy the same hair care twice in a row and I prefer huge pump bottles so I don't have to worry about it running out any time soon. I really have no favorites, but this Regis Shampoo is an exception. It smells clean, lathers up well with little product, and is sulfate free. I usually can only find this in Walmart hair salons believe it or not.

V05 Ocean Refresh Conditioner: I use this on no shampoo days as well as for shaving. It is dirt cheap and effective, albeit watery so if you are looking for a rich conditioner this is not it. I don't particularly revere this scent but I couldn't find my favorite one (Tea Therapy Calming Chamomile) so this one had to do.

B&BW Hawaii Passion Fruit Kiss: This was a free item after using some voucher I got in the mail. I have no thoughts on it. It was pleasant enough to use up but I wouldn't rush out and get a full sized bottle.

TBS Satsume Body Butter: I have been using this for years and will always repurchase it. Not greasy, the scent lingers for hours, moisturizes well and sinks in quickly. All I could ask for in a body moisturizer. I've lost count on how many times I have repurchased.

B&BW Berry Vanilla: An old scent that I stocked up on years ago. I think this might be the final bottle. Thank goodness. I enjoyed it initially but it is one of those types of scents that after using countless bottles of it, it became very tiresome.

Caress Passionate Spell: Currently my choice of body wash. If you have followed me for some time, you know that Caress is my usual brand pick for body wash. Inexpensive, doesn't leave my skin squeaky clean (a feeling I hate), and the scents they come out with are interesting.

Shu Uemura Anti-Oxi Refining Oil: I stocked up on cleansing oils from Shu last year during black friday. I ended up picking the pink bottle, Porefinist, and this one to see if they were any different. This is thicker than its pink counterpart, a feature I don't care much for. Shu still makes the best cleansing oils I have tried so far, but I think I will stick with Porefinist from now on.

Boscia Cleansing Oil: A good cleansing oil to try out if you are new to the game. It has more natural ingredients if that is something you are concerned about. It also has a thicker feel to it making it take a few more splashes to the face to completely get off.

Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip: The best non foaming cleanser I have used so far. It is gentle but still felt like it gave added benefits to my skin. It is quite expensive though, which holds me off from immediately purchasing it again.

LUSH Grease Lightening: Some people really love to use this as a spot treatment. I did not like using it this way. I used it on the oiliest spots on my face and it really helped keep the grease away. I would repurchase.

Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover: My favorite eye makeup remover, as you probably could tell. I buy a few bottles at a time and dump them into an empty Bioderma pump bottle. This won't be for everyone as it leaves a slightly oily feel behind, but I double cleanse after so it really makes no difference to me. It is the only remover I have tried so far that completely takes off all the mascara and kohl liner I use.

Blistex Lip Medex: Staple night time lip soother. I should probably stop mentioning it on the blog now as it has made countless appearances...

Giorgio Armani ETK liner: My favorite kohl liner I have ever used, though the most expensive. I would repurchase but I'm determined to use up my current fistful of liners I already own from other brands first.

YSL Teint Resist: A discontinued item which is a damn shame. Every time I used this I felt I had a good makeup day. It had the perfect finish (satin), lasted throughout my day, controlled most of my shine, and gave the perfect coverage for my tastes. Very sad indeed this is gone for good.

MAC MSF Natural: A repeat purchase. I enjoy this powder, it doesn't have the best lasting power but I always enjoyed wearing it.

Stila Bronzer: I have had this bronzer since the dawn of time and I feel SO PROUD that I freaking finished it. I even smashed up the side sticking pieces at the end and used the powder. I liked this but it leans a bit orange so I think a majority of people would want to avoid it. It was matte and easy to apply though so I had no complaints using it up.

Proof of my pan work. Rejoice, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment