Wednesday, April 16, 2014

milani flamingo pose

I would say that I have become fairly confident in wearing bold lipstick out in public without feeling self conscious. The main reason I don't regularly wear the stuff is mostly due to the maintenance rather than feelings of doubt. A girl has to eat and drink. Even though I say this, I do get rather nervous when it comes to wearing bold pinks. Remember when I tried my hand at fuchsia (yes I had to look up how to spell this correctly...again)? I don't know what it is about it. Maybe because I have never really been a fan of pink in general or perhaps it reminds me all too much of Barbie.

Either way, I have been determined to try and overcome my bold pink lipstick fear. I tested out the waters with the reddish pink Revlon Strawberry Suede and have come to really love the color. After I got used to that, I picked an outrageously pink color to get the ball rolling: Milani Flamingo Pose.

BAM...just look at that color. It is much brighter in person. It takes me a couple minutes to get used to all that color radiating from my lips. Not for the timid and all for the ones who want to call attention to their lips. It is a pretty color but I still prefer my reds and plums over this.

I have absolutely nothing close to this color. It is an almost neon punchy pink so it isn't surprising that I couldn't find anything similar to what I own. Milani does lipsticks decently. They glide on easily enough and aren't extremely slippy so it won't melt off. They have rich pigmentation and don't excessively accentuate any rough patches. I don't find it to be the most moisturizing but it definitely isn't the driest I've come across. This particular shade leaves a pinkish stain behind once it fades away or even if it is wiped off which I find quite nice. It does have a strong melon scent which I think is too artificial and sickly. I wish it wasn't present but it doesn't linger for the entire wear.

SWATCHES
L to R: Milani Flamingo Pose, Revlon Fuchsia, Estee Lauder Rubellite

All these shades would be beautiful cream blush shades, no? Fuchsia is obviously more of a cool pink with some purple shot through it, Rubellite is almost frosty and more of a tamed ruby.

AWKWARD POSING

So all in all I'm still not used to these punchy bright pink shades, as indicated in my uncomfortable face above. But that doesn't stop me from trying. I wish this shade looked as kick ass on me as it does on Viola but then again she looks good in all damn lipsticks shades, even blue ones. The more I apply it the less shocking the color seems on. Maybe NARS Schiap will be something I'll wear one day. Still terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment