Monday, January 27, 2014

tom ford wild ginger

I love me a good orange red. Not an orange, not a pastel, but full-bodied, head turning red with a fiery base. It was love at first sight for me when I ran across it on Laura's post which had me pining after a lipstick with a price tag made my eyeballs pop out of my skull. Despite the price I added it to my wishlist of expensive spoils to own someday.

Fast forward two years and my boyfriend ends up purchasing it for me as a Christmas gift. I was so happy to finally own it that I couldn't even wait to take pictures of its pristine initialed bullet before trying it on. Total blogger faux pas.

So did the color live up to my expectation? It certainly did. I have worn this multiple times and have loved every wear. It applies without tugging. The color is richly saturated not to mention flattering and bold. I do wish the color was matte though. It has the signature Tom Ford creaminess with a slightly glossy finish.

SWATCHES
L to R: NARS Heat Wave, TF Wild Ginger, TF Ginger Fawn, Revlon Really Red, Revlon Strawberry Suede

I was worried with all my lusting after Wild Ginger that it would end up being similar to shades I already own and make me look crazy. Luckily, it is quite unique. It is most similar to NARS Heat Wave but glossier and more vibrant. Tom Ford Ginger Fawn isn't as red and looks almost like a pastel in comparison.

I think Tom Ford lipsticks have a very nice texture and the colors I own are beautiful and worth admiring. However, I must mention that I don't think they are the most long lasting nor the most comfortable lipsticks I own. After a few hours of wear I find them to be incredibly drying and in need of a touch up. I think that is quite shameful for a lipstick that retails for a hefty $49 USD. I do think I am in the minority with this experience though, most reviews I have read have no issues. I'll enjoy the shades I own but I do not plan on adding anymore Tom Ford lipsticks to my collection.

Wild Ginger is a gorgeous shade that I wear with great joy but I do admit there are better formulas that would be worth of your money. But if luxury items are your soft spot and the color appeals to you, I say go for it. I certainly don't regret owning it and am extremely grateful to have it part of my collection if not for just the color alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment