Thursday, January 16, 2014

fruit face

The REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask is arguably one of the most popular and highly reviewed face masks in the beauty blogger world. I tried not to follow the hype when it was at its peak but during my face mask obsession I bit the bullet and ended up purchasing it. I have been using it on and off for about a year and I finally feel ready giving my thoughts.

The box contains the product itself as well as a little muslin cloth. I appreciate the effort and inclusion of the cloth but it is a bit unsubstantial and thin. Pai's muslin cloth is superior.

The claim of this mask is to improve tone, texture and radiance of the skin. What first attracted me to this product was its impressive content of chemical exfoliants; it has lactic, glycolic, AND citric acid. It also has no parabens and sulfates if you care about that sort of thing (I am indifferent).

The mask is dispensed out of a nozzle that has a little doodad attached to it for covering after use. I would imagine this is so dessication is avoided. I use about a pump and a half for each application spread in a thin layer all over my face and upper neck.

The consistency and smell is much like marmalade jam. I enjoy the scent; it is sweet and citrusy yet not overpowering. I leave it on for about 20 minutes, or until the prickling sensation subsides completely, and then rinse it off with warm water and the provided cloth. The tingly sensation is noticeable but it isn't supremely irritating. I do, however, find myself unable to stop myself from itching some places that are more sensitive to the feeling during the process (nose, around the lips).

INGREDIENTS

Most of the reviews I read raved about the immediate radiance they saw in their skin after using this. As for me, I didn't see it. I did notice a certain added softness to my skin and it didn't break me out or feel congesting. I think this is an okay product but certainly nothing I hold with high esteem. Especially with its whopping $55 USD price tag. With a price like that, I expected better results. I even waited to use this with time to check if the results needed it but it made no difference. Almost a year later and still lacking.

While I don't think this is a terrible product, I do believe it is overhyped and overpriced. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are insatiably curious about it. I much prefer Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask, it is cheaper and gives immediately pleasing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment