Monday, June 3, 2013

coral craze

What is it about the color coral that makes it so appealing? Is it because it has the ability to lean fiery orange or punchy pink? That it can brighten the face and add a certain youthfulness? I'm not quite sure. I haven't pondered too long about it, I get too distracted by its beauty. What coral items can I dig out of my drawers?

DSC_9322

I already went over MAC Vegas Volt, NARS Turks & Caicos, and Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouges in Cabo Coral and Calypso Coral in THIS post. Summery favorites. I finally have switched up my blush routine and set aside those pot rouges. More on what replaced them later!

DSC_9326

NARS Gilda is a blush shade I don't reach for often. I don't know why! I think it is because it easily gets lost in the sea of NARS blushes I have tucked away. Regardless, it is a more muted coral shade. If you love coral blushes but don't want anything too bright, this would be a good pick.

DSC_9328

On the other end of the spectrum, we have Rock & Republic All Nighter blush which is far more in your face and intense. It definitely can be worn sheerer which is my preferred method. It seems very orange in the pan but on my skin it ends up looking pinker than what would be expected. MAC Hipness blush comes somewhat inbetween; not quite intense yet not quite soft. It definitely is a pinker coral.

When it comes to gloss, coral is definitely my favorite shade to wear. It looks natural yet still injects a little subtle color. My favorite would have to be Estee Lauder Impulsive Coral because the shade is very effortless. Revlon Coral Reef is also a beauty but can require a little more work. I usually pair this with a nude lipstick to tone down the intensity.

DSC_9327

And now the star of the show (see what I did there?) that inspired this post to begin with. I have been obsessed with this little gem that is the Estee Lauder Sea Star Bronzing Blush. Part bronzer, part blush, very much convenient and very frustratingly limited edition from a few years ago. I can't stop wearing this, the color is wonderfully flattering with its subtle sheen and sculpting bronzy coral shade. It isn't too glowy that it makes my oily skin type look too shiny and the texture is finely milled and easy to buff into the skin. It has the perfect balance. If you ever spot this at a CCO or blog sale, I highly recommend you snatch it up. I will do a FOTD post soon wearing this so you can see it in action.

SWATCHES
AllNighterGildaHipnessFROM LEFT TO RIGHT: R&R ALL NIGHTER, NARS GILDA, MAC HIPNESS

ELSeaStarESTEE LAUDER SEA STAR BRONZING POWDER: BLUSH, BRONZER, BLUSH AND BRONZER MIXED.

Ahh coral. How I love you so. So much I just can't seem to stop collecting every texture, brand, and shade I come across. Self control be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment