Tuesday, May 28, 2013

reaching for old favorites

Sometimes as a beauty obsessed junkie I push aside older tried and true products for the likes of newer and more exciting ones. But there comes a time after the novelty wears off where I rummage through my drawer and get a flicker of what used to be. That is what my makeup routine has been like lately; using products that have been good to me in the past which has earned them the prestige title of being a favorite for life.

DSC_9356

For my base I have been using up my samples of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. The staying power is unbelievable, even withstanding the summer heat and the sweating/oiliness that goes along with it. It is very full coverage so I remedy this by mixing it with Becca Moonstone and my CeraVe moisturizer to make a more realistic skin-like finish. I actually prefer the look and feel of the Double Wear Light version since it isn't as heavy and still retains the superb lasting power. For my cheeks I have been using MAC Warm Soul Mineralized blush. This is definitely one of my top five favorite blushes I have ever tried. Huge statement from me since I am such a blush fiend and have a hard time picking favorites. It gives such subtle warmth to the face and is effortlessly natural. I have seen this shade on practically all complexions across the board and it looks stunning every time. You can see it on me HERE and see comparison swatches of it HERE.

My lips have been loving Revlon Life's A Peach Super Lustrous Gloss, a shade which has unfortunately been discontinued. Natty found a great alternative in L'Oreal Strawberry Smoothie Color Juice Gloss if you wanted to try out the color. I will definitely be sad to see this color used up. It adds just the right amount of youthful peachiness without looking orange or frosty. It doesn't hurt that I have always been a fan of Revlon's Super Lustrous Gloss formula due to it being thin and comfortable without losing pigmentation. As for lashes, I have started up using Prestige My Blackest Lashes again. I believe this mascara will be in my makeup routine for life, or at least until they stop making it. Inky black lashes with sick volume in only one coat. I'm telling you, this mascara and L'Oreal Voluminous have me spoiled with their one-coat-is-sufficient formulas. Who has time for two coaters?

What are some of your old favorites that you rely on and plan to keep in your makeup routine for life?

No comments:

Post a Comment