Wednesday, May 29, 2013

morning skincare routine

Back in the day, I used to be someone who had a skincare routine that consisted of a cleanser, lotion, and some Vaseline for my lips to call it good. My have the times changed! Now I have added toners, treatments, multiple cleansers and an array of masks to the mix. Skincare is something that I have found to be very fun and addicting so this is a welcome change. Still, with all the added items I'd like to think my routine isn't TOO elaborate. My morning and night time skincare routine doesn't differ by much, I just swap out my cleanser, treatment and lip care, but I will still do separate posts for each one for you all to peep what I use. First up, my morning routine:

DSC_9353

CLEANSER
When I wake up I usually have a nice layer of oil and residue sitting atop my skin due to my nighttime treatments and overworking pores so I like to gently wash it away with a non-foaming milky type cleanser. Currently I am using Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk which I am thoroughly enjoying. This is probably the first gentle cleanser that doesn't just CLEAN, it also has the added benefit of keeping my skin clear. The smell could use improvements since it has a very funky medicinal/herbal scent to it, but it doesn't linger.

TONER
After cleansing I like to tone. I am still using up my LUSH Tea Tree Toner. It is on its last leg and will probably be gone in a few weeks. Not bad since I have been consistently using it twice a day for 8 months. I would definitely repurchase this. It is refreshing and it makes my skin feel less congested.

TREATMENT
Surprise, surprise, my HG La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is the morning time treatment of choice. I'm sure you all are sick of me talking about this by now!

MOISTURIZER
This should come as no shock either since CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion has been an HG of mine since high school. CeraVe makes a few different types of moisturizers but I have only ever tried their standard moisturizing lotion and the cream that comes in a tub. The cream is definitely too heavy/greasy for me so I wouldn't recommend it for the face. I have yet to try the other offerings but I have heard great things about them. Also I noticed last time I was in the store that the packaging has been changed (see picture above). I compared the ingredients and the formula doesn't seem to be different though (thank GOODNESS!)

LIPS
Another HG, Nuxe Reve de Miel. It magically softens the delicate skin of my lips and smells like lemons. I like how it is a soft cream texture that doesn't add any shine to the lips. It is great at prepping the lips for lipsticks/glosses. I think even men would like this.

And that's it! I think I have a good balance of products; there isn't so little that I am not boosting my skin's health yet there isn't too much to overwhelm it. What do you use in your morning skincare routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment