Wednesday, April 3, 2013

spring lip lusting

spring lips

Ahhh can you feel it readers? Spring weather is approaching and I for one could not be happier about it. I am ready for spring flowers to push their little heads out of the dirt, clear blue skies, fun floral dresses, and my latest fixation: colorful lips. My last obsession was facial masks and now that has been pushed aside (well, more gently nudged aside since I am still indulging in more masks than necessary) for fun lip colors. Think poppy, tangerine, and coral.

Dior Delice gloss has caught my eye, especially seeing it on both Taylor and Teri. It looks like an effortless soft coral that strongly reminds me of my Estee Lauder Impulsive Coral gloss that I adore and am about to run out of. Perfect replacement, no? Staying in the same color family, MAC See Sheer is a color I have been curious about lately since I feel it probably is an underrated color in MAC's lineup. I have never swatched this in person so I will have to wander over to MAC and get to swiping.

As for tangerine shades, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Rendezvous has me wanting to visit the closest drugstore ASAP. I always ignored this range as the colors that I had previewed before looked lackluster. But I think the shade that screams spring to me the loudest is poppy. The orangey red shades contrast so spectacularly against green grass, yellow sunshine, cream blouses, dark hair, etcetera, etcetera. Yes this is the second time I have had Tom Ford Wild Ginger on my wishlist. No the pangs of longing won't go away. Finally, stepping out of the bright and bold hues, NARS Stain Lip Pencil in Rikugien is a delicate tawny rose shade that look so good on Liz at Cafe Makeup that it made it immediately on my wishlist. I picked up Burberry Copper based off pictures of Liz wearing it and I haven't doubted her recommendations since.

What lip colors have you been lusting after? I was going to mentioned Revlon Strawberry Suede as well, but it looks like that has been discontinued D:

No comments:

Post a Comment