Thursday, February 14, 2013

current obsession: masks

skincare masks

Lately all I really want to put my money towards is skincare masks. Initially I couldn't be bothered with masks. I was too lazy, it was messy to clean off, and it seemed time consuming to slather on and wait around for it to do its work. My newfound love of masks stems from using (and finishing!) Lush's Mask of Magnaminty. It opened up Pandora's Box since I enjoyed its soothing and skin boosting results so much that I didn't mind finding ways to creep mask application into my routine. I compiled a little wish list that I have had in the back of my mind to share with you all. I like variety so I picked concoctions with different promises.

*NB: If you are a lazy girl like me or just don't want to be bothered with the mess a mask can make, I find applying before hopping into the shower is the easiest and cleanest method. No bird bath puddles of water around the sink or missed splotches of clay on the neck and hairline to be found, all of the residue goes straight down the drain. You can trudge on with your shower routine and rinse off at the end.

REN GLYCOL LACTIC RADIANCE RENEWAL MASK
My main fascination with skincare is chemical exfoliants. This item has been talked about so much that I am very intrigued. I like that there is a mixture of lactic and glycolic acid.

LUSH COSMETIC WARRIOR MASK
I was always a skeptic of Lush, perhaps because everything seemed so gimmicky and too good to be true. I am still not convinced when it comes to their bath products, but I am already convinced they know what they are doing when it comes to skincare. I have already tried two things from their skincare line and have been impressed with both. It is probably a good thing I don't live near a Lush since I would probably try out every fresh mask they have. The mask I am interested the most in at the moment is the Cosmetic Warrior mask which is supposed to battle blackheads and blemishes.

AESOP PARSLEY SEED MASK
This is another mask I have heard a lot about. It is supposed to lift out impurities and balance out the skin.

ORIGINS CLEAR IMPROVEMENT CHARCOAL MASK
I always wander by the Origins counter but never give myself enough time to actually try out or look at a product since their product lineup is so extensive. This mask has caught my eye though since it is supposed to unclog pores. Plus I have always wanted to try a charcoal mask.

OLE HENRIKSEN BLUE/BLACK BERRY ENZYME MASK
I am a sucker for anything with the word enzyme in it. It just sounds like it is going to do a good job, you know? This mask is supposed to smooth out and polish the skin. And supposedly it smells great too, always a plus!

What are your favorite masks or what are you using and enjoying right now? I would love any recommendations since I am new to the mask world...

No comments:

Post a Comment