Sunday, November 25, 2012

005 items used up

time for another installment of items i've used up. i got through a good amount of products this time around so i feel very accomplished.

HAIR
DSC_8251

MOROCCAN OIL EXTRA VOLUME CONDITIONER
love the smell of this and it makes my hair super soft. doesnt really add much shine or a significant amount of volume but it did keep my hair pretty healthy.

SUAVE HEAT PROTECTANT
sprays out evenly, smells good, and cheap. i have only tried this and tresemme's version. im not sure what to try next, any suggestions?

OJON DAMAGE REVERSE CONDITIONER
a bit of a herbal scent and a thick consistency. i didnt see much of a difference in terms of "damage reversal" so i wouldnt really recommend this. it is also expensive.

ORGANIX BRAZILIAN KERATIN THERAPY CONDITIONER
i have tried organix's coconut milk conditioner and that dried out my hair horribly. i decided to try out the brazilian and moroccan lines as i heard so much about them. this conditioner was nice. i liked the scent and it made my hair super soft. i would get this again, but not right now. i want something that adds more moisture and shine to my hair.

ORGANIX MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL SHAMPOO
this was ok. i dont like shampoos that are difficult to lather up and this didnt lather very well and i felt like it made my hair a bit dry. i wouldnt buy this again

SKIN/BODY CARE
DSC_8252

CERAVE LOTION
i've rambled enough about this. it is my HG moisturizer. but i must mentioned that during the winter/colder months this does not cut it, my skin becomes too dry and this isn't enough to help my poor dehydrated skin. so this is my HG moisturizer under normal conditions. with that being said, i would assume if your skin type is very dehydrated all the time this might not be the best option for you.

DR. BRONNER TEA TREE LIQUID SOAP
i've already written my thoughts about this soap. i love using it for dry patches on my body. i did not like this particular scent so i will try other scents instead. i have already picked up the almond version (smells much much better). i will always have some version of dr bronner's soap in my shower.

CLARISONIC REFRESHING GEL CLEANSER
this came with my clarisonic mia when i purchased it. i really enjoyed this cleanser. it didnt overstrip, it foamed nicely, it smelled nice. i wouldnt buy the full size though. i like my clarins cottonseed cleanser more than this.

CARESS PASSIONATE SPELL BODY WASH
i really enjoyed this scent. i would definitely repurchase. i always enjoy caress body soaps. they smell good, lather up/clean well, and are affordable.

CETAPHIL CLEANSER
i briefly touched on this in my skincare ramble post. i dont like this, wouldnt recommend it, and will not repurchase. it doesnt clean thoroughly, it smells like chemicals, it broke me out. toss!

THE BODY SHOP VITAMIN E MIST
i liked this. i would not buy it full price but if it was on sale i would consider it. i didnt notice any moisturizing benefits but it was refreshing and helped set my makeup. if you see it on sale try it!

MAKEUP
DSC_8253

LOREAL POWER VOLUME COLLAGEN MASCARA
this was ok. nothing special but nothing horrible. it clumped a bit and didnt really give enough volume for my liking.

NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN LIQUID MAKEUP FOUNDATION
this is a decent drugstore foundation. not very good at oil control but it looks nice on the skin. if i wasnt able to purchase any high end foundation i would most likely pick this out again.

CARGO MED MATTE BRONZER
FINALLY! took me over 2 years to use this up but i feel very accomplished for doing so. i liked this. but i dont plan to try it out again, i am too curious about other brands. but i would recommend it if you are eying it.

MAC FLORABUNDANCE LIPGLASS
i won't be repurchasing ANY mac lipglosses. not sure if all formulas are created equal but this one was awful. shame since i liked the milky color. it is sticky and it leaves a horrible residue ring on my lips with time. can i back to mac this? hmm..

that's all for this round! here's to hoping i have more makeup items used up to show for next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment