Saturday, May 5, 2012

april favorites

DSC_6723

time for april favorites. i left out a few products because i mentioned them in my last favorites post. plus i am falling into a bit of a routine with my daily makeup which is unheard of for me! but i am welcoming this change with open arms as it helps me use up products.

FACE
DSC_6725

KOH GEN DO FOUNDATION
i promise i will do a full review of this soon! i have used it long enough to give my thoughts so as soon as i have good lighting to take face pictures i will post up a review.

DIORSKIN SCUPT CONCEALER
i am not in love with this. i dont hate it though. i have been using this everyday since i picked it up from sephora. i like the texture and the coverage is decent but it is very easy to use too much causing creasing. i have tried blending it out with a brush and my fingers and i prefer my fingers as using a brush blends most of the product away. i dont think i would repurchase this but i dont regret picking it up. i want to pick up another concealer/corrector to pair up with this. my eye is on the armani master corrector.

NARS DESIRE
one of my absolute favorite blushes in my collection. the nice spring weather inspired me to pull this out. this looks equally as flattering on tan skin as it does pale skin and you only need the tiniest amount to add a flush of color. i highly recommend this shade, it is a staple for me. if you want to see swatches, check out my nars collection post

MAC STEREO ROSE + BOBBI BROWN CALYPSO CORAL POT ROUGE
remember my review on stereo rose? i mentioned in the review that i would test out stereo rose on top of another blush instead of wearing it solo. this combination is BEAUTIFUL. if you have been a reader of mine for some time you know i absolutely love bobbi brown's pot rouges (collection/swatches post HERE). they redid the packaging recently and luckily this shade is still in the line up. i was so in love with the combination that i instagramed (username: kellyyes) a picture wearing it:

wearing stereo rose and calypso coral
photo(3)
not the best picture because of the filter but trust me when i say it is very lovely!

EYES
DSC_6726

LE METIER DE BEAUTE LE CIRQUE KALEIDOSCOPE
i have been loving this kaleidoscope because of the tier 2 color, a silvery taupe. i am still in my one-eyeshadow-paired-with-smudged-feline phase. this color is very beautiful but has a tad bit of sparkle particles which i wish didnt exist. regardless it is such an effortless shade to slap on the eye and go. this just fuels my want for LMdB's corinthian. i did a post on this kaleidoscope HERE.

BURBERRY PALE BARLEY
yes, yes, i finally got this shade. it lives up to its reputation. incredible staying power, pigmentation, and texture. it is flattering enough to wear on its own but i like to add a bit of edge to the color by deepening my outer v with a dark brown. i wore this out during my birthday paired with some black eyeshadow for a smokier look and it was wonderful. highly recommend, even though it is pricey

COMPARISON
palebarleypatina
pale barley on left, mac patina on right. very similar but patina is bit darker and pale barley is a bit softer and blends into the skin easier

LIPS & FRAGRANCE
DSC_6730

DIOR ADDICT EXTREME in INCOGNITO
i have decided i am happy with this product. i definitely recommend trying this shade on before buying though. the formula is comfortable and non drying. i love wearing this when i am wearing a taupe on my eyes. very sultry. i want to pick up another shade but i am unsure which i will pick. i am wearing this lipstick in my last post HERE.

NARS DOLCE VITA
pretty much HG for me. perfect balance of sheerness and color. fleshy, natural color. thumbs up. i am wearing dolce vita in THIS post.

CHANEL CHANCE EAU FRAICHE
lovely scent. i tried switching it up this month by wearing D&G light blue but i missed this too much so i switched back to this again.

and that is all for this month. im ready for summer, how about you? i hope you are all happy and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment