Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 favorites & my 1st set of beauty goals

i dont know about all of you but i am loving all the "favorites of the year" posts that happen around this time since you get to see the cream of the crop in everyone's stash. time to contribute my favorites...

FACE:
DSC_6053

FOUNDATION/CONCEALER
i didnt include a foundation because all year i was in the process of finishing up few foundations that i have had and dont particularly recommend wholeheartedly. i didnt mention a concealer because i havent found one i love yet :/

POWDER
mac msfn, even though it isnt great at keeping oil at bay. this one pictured is way too dark for me at the moment. i love the finish of the product so i will use it up when i am tanner.

BRONZER
i definitely used my cargo med matte bronzer the most this year. finely milled, pigmented, not orange, MATTE. nars laguna is definitely a runner up. i used laguna more for nights out since it has a fine shimmer to it, adding a subtle glow.

HIGHLIGHTER
nars albatross. this was hard for me to pick since theBalm mary lou-manizer was VERY close to beating albatross. both are beautiful. if you prefer very subtle highlighters, these might not be a good choice though.

DSC_6054

CHEEKS
im surprised i was able to narrow this category down to two shades: nars deep throat and nars sin. all year i wore so many shades of blush but when i reflect back on the year, i definitely went crazy with these two shades. funny how deep throat made such an impression on me, im usually not a huge baby pink fan.

EYES:
DSC_6049

EYE SHADOW
mac cork, brun, brule. basic browns, all matte. mac tan pigment, a favorite during the summer months when the sun can catch the shimmers but also great anytime for a pretty smokey eye.

BASE
most of the time this year i ignored my UDPP and TFSI and used mac paint pots instead. especially the shade groundwork, my favorite shade of them all.

MASCARA
hands down prestige my blackest lashes. it is cheap, very black, and gives such great volume. i still love makeup forever smokey lash overall but since it dries out so quickly and costs $20 ill stick with prestige for my everyday mascara.

LINER
mac feline. people either love this or hate it, i absolutely love it. easily glides on the eyelid AND waterline while being pitch black. i use it in practically every FOTD i post on my blog. i will continue to repurchase.

LIPS
DSC_6048

LIPSTICK
mac hue. this will always be a favorite. i am not a huge lipstick wearer but when i do wear it i almost always reach for this.

GLOSS
estee lauder impulsive coral. i was gifted this. great texture and color.

NAILS
DSC_6058

POLISH
too many to choose from. whenever i needed a good dose of a classic red i always reached for opi quarter of a cent-cherry. when i wanted a bright red mani i wore essie lollipop. for dark nails i loved opi my private jet. my favorite glitter was sephora by opi only gold for me. and lastly for my toes i almost always wore opi koala berry.

DSC_6056

NAIL CARE
for softening and pushing back my cuticles i always used sally hansen's cuticle remover gel. and for a base coat i loved CND stickey base. i also used seche vite for my top coat but i forgot to picture it...

FRAGRANCE
DSC_6047

definitely victor&rolf flowerbomb. i received so many compliments every time i wore this! do you see the amount i have left? i am already almost done with this bottle that i bought last year during the sephora F&F sale.

SKINCARE
DSC_5229

MAKEUP REMOVER
neutrogena eye makeup remover. i like this better than estee lauder's and lancome's removers. i havent explored other brands though so after i finish my current bottle i am trying out something new just to make sure this is the best i have tried.

CLEANSER
i only had it for a couple months but my favorite by far was la roche posay efflaclar cleanser. it balanced my skin, kept breakouts from happening while not drying out my skin (oily skinned ladies this didnt make my skin feel tight after washing!) i need to pick up the full size.

MOISTURIZER
my HG, CeraVe moisturizing lotion. sinks in quickly, non-greasy, non-scented and easily available at the drugstore. i have been using this since high school when my dermatologist recommended it to me while i was on accutane. will always repurchase.

TREATMENT
la roche posay efflaclar duo. this has been such a great find. heard about this from some of my favorite bloggers so i picked it up in new york. it unclogged and reduced the amount of blackheads around my nose and completely eliminated stubborn bumps i always get around my chin and temples. highly recommend if you have small acne (white heads, blackheads, raised bumps) areas.

as for resolutions, i dont usually make them. but i decided this year will be the first time i will make some beauty goals so next year i can reflect back and see how well i did. bit of a time capsule effect.

1. my number one goal: stick with quality over quantity. i am resisting drugstore versions of high end products so i can apply that money toward the real deal. i have so many unloved products. i need to resist running to the drugstore every time i hear about a new product release. i have already started this goal since i have resisted in buying the revlon lip butters and the l'oreal infalliable cream shadows.

2. stop buying so much nail polish. seriously. i plan to get rid of shades by either swapping or selling them. i am going to try not to go crazy over collections.

3. explore brands that i never have tried before. i tend to be so loyal towards nars, mac, and cargo. i want to try out others to see if i am missing anything special. top of my list are becca, illamasqua, chanel, burberry, giorgio armani...

4. attempt a blog sale. this is sort of part of my first goal. i really want to downsize my collection.

& that's all folks. what are your beauty goals? i have been reading some really great goals posted lately. happy new year everyone! here is to 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment