Sunday, December 11, 2011

picking up the essentials

DSC_5824

well, maybe i am using the term 'essentials' loosely here, but you get the general idea. i needed a few beauty items lately that were desperately needed to make my beauty routine easier. a little bit of tried and true things with a few new items.

THE BODY SHOP VITAMIN E FACE MIST
i visited the body shop as so i could find a remedy to my severely dry skin from the cold weather. i usually can get by with my normal moisturizer, but i was finding lately it wasn't enough. luckily when i stopped in, the body shop had a "spin the wheel to see your savings" deal. i spun and got a coupon for 50% off my entire purchase. not bad!

i decided to try this face mist out. it is supposed to be a hydrating finishing spray, this is my first time trying any type of finishing spray!

COTTON ROUNDS
simple but definitely needed. funny how much of a difference cotton makes! i ran out and tried to remove my eye makeup with toilet paper, what a disaster...

DSC_5847THE BODY SHOP VITAMIN E INTENSE MOISTURE CREAM
this is a thick pink cream. i was debating whether or not to try this intense thick version or the thinner day version. i was worried this would be too greasy for day wear but so far so good on the hydrating front. i hate the scent though! very vitamin E smelling if that makes sense...

PRESTIGE MY BLACKEST LASHES
definitely my favorite drugstore mascara...a no brainer :) i have yet to get sick of this.

MAYBELLINE DREAM MATTE POWDER
my usual finishing powder (mac msfn) is too dark for me at the moment since i am embracing my winter complexion. i thought i would try something new, especially since i have heard so much about this powder.

what are your beauty essentials? also, i'd love to hear what you dry skinned ladies use to combat tight dry skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment