Thursday, January 14, 2010

cargo blushes

sephora is having a 50% off cargo deal right now. i don't know the reason, but needless to say, i was very happy when i found out about it. i kind of went blush happy haha. i previously owned only tonga. i think i found out about this deal late because most of the blushes i wanted to try out were sold out :( oh well i'm happy i at least got to grab some of the blushes.

tonga

tonga doesnt look very impressive in the pan. its a very soft light pink. i really like this color. it shows up as a soft natural light pink on me.



laguna

laguna is a bright orange and i think it has a very very slight pinkish tone to it. im very interested to see how this shows up on my skin. it sounds crazy right, i mean who would wear bright orange? but im so curious to try it out. i will do an update on how it looks on my skin and i hope it will surprise me. anyone own this? im interested on your thoughts.


heh it looks like i just ate cheetos

mendocino

mendocino is a berry plummy color with slight shimmers that come off as a sheen. its very beautiful in the pan and swatched.



matte medium bronzer

this bronzer is a tan lightish brown. i thought it looked similar to bobbi brown's bronzer in medium but when i swatched them bobbi brown had more reddish tones to it.



lyon

lyon is a matte dark berry color. its actually darker than i could capture. i think from just swatches this is my favorite of them all.



tenerife

tenerife is a matte beach blush. it has the four colors shown which you can use individually or swirl together. its supposed to come off as a brownish coral when swirled together.


the lightest shade is like a lighter version of the matte bronzer. the second strip is a dark brown, the third is a orange creamsicle color, and the last shade is a pinky coral. the last coral color actually is more vibrant than how it showed up on my finger.




(from down-up) tonga, mendocino, lyon, laguna

all cargo blushes are super soft and very easy to blend. its so soft that when i use it i usually just dab the brush in the pan, i never swirl it because so much product comes up. this doesn't bother me, but i know it bothers others. all of them come in a palm sized tin. again, the packaging doesnt bother me but i've heard others don't really care for it. i will test out the colors this week and see how they appear on my face.

what cargo blushes do you own/love?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found you by watching your Cargo blush review on youtube. I LOVE cargo tenerife, but sadly I've already hit pan. The bright pink strip of color is my favorite, and I'm trying to figure out which on their regular blush line it matches close to. I recently ordered their blush in Siena, can't wait for it to get here! Let me know if you have any suggestions! Check out my page :)

    aleekate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete